Saturday, March 8, 2008

[TeenMinistry] Harding Trip

Please let me know by Monday morning (March 10) if you are planning to go

 

Who: Freshmen – Seniors (freshmen & sophomores - if you’re serious about looking for a college)

When:  March 13-15 – leave after school on Thursday (4:30 PM), return Saturday evening (Friday is the 1st day of Spring Break) – Depending on the size of the group, we will either leave from my house or the Lafayette building.

Cost:  Split the cost of transportation, expenses;  plus your meals and money for Friday night campus activity (game or movie)

Need:  Sack Dinner for Thursday night.  Sleeping bag, pillow, meal money, MATURITY – there will be a lot of “open time” that you will be responsible for filling with going to class and checking out the campus – after letting me know you are coming, you need to contact Mark Pruitt at Harding Admissions by calling 1-800-477-4407 – he can set you up a schedule for classes and meetings with teachers

Most of your meals will be on campus.

Details:  This is for students looking into college options.  You will have opportunities to go to classes and talk to counselors, go to chapel.  You will also take a tour of Harding with Mark Pruitt.

Lodging:  You will stay with Harding Students (probably from Lafayette) – if you want to make your own lodging arrangements, that’s fine, I just need to know and I need your parent’s permission – otherwise, I will be making arrangements for you.

How to Sign up: Sign up on the Teen Room Door and pay $35 – this number may fluctuate up or down a little depending on the number of students going.

 

QUESTIONS:

  • Can I bring a friend? 
    • Yes – only if they are interested in looking into Harding as a viable option for college
  • I’m a parent, can I go? 
    • Yes – you should talk to me about options to make this trip work for you.
  • I’m not really interested in Harding but want to go hang out, is that OK?
    • NO – you will be expect to have appointments set up with departments, coaches, financial aid, go to classes, etc. – this is not a leisure trip.  Mark Pruitt will assist you in making necessary arrangements to get the most out of your trip.
  • How much money do I need?
    • “free” - Sack dinner and Harding provides 1 meal for you
    • 2 additional meals on Friday
    • 3 meals on Saturday (we will eat lunch as we are leaving town)
    • Souvenirs
    • Entertainment, Movie or game ticket money on Friday night
  • I know someone at Harding who I want to stay with, is that OK?
    • Yes as long as I have your parent’s permission.

 

 

Because of the Cross,

Mike

 

 

 

Mike Brown

Youth & Family Minister

Lafayette Church of Christ

115 New Ballwin Rd.

Ballwin, MO  63021

636.391.6697 - office

636.394.2338 - fax

mike.brown@lafayettechurch.org

 

No comments: